Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fantastical Music

Today I thought I'd take you through some of my classics of inspiration when it comes to writing fantasy plots.


It's quite a mix, isn't it? And yet it is so easy for to curate all the songs that have, throughout the years, inspired me to write fantasy. It is my first genre. Some of the tracks are not surprising: In the Hall of the Mountain King and the Lord of the Rings-inspired Ramble On.

However it also struck me, while I was putting together this playlist, that many of my "fantastical" songs are very young and hopeful in nature. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I think fantasy, I think young adult novels. Just the nature of my project, I suppose.

I've tried to front-load some of the more peppy, youthful songs and have the list of the list contain more of the predictable or strange, dark songs. Songs about traveling, songs about far-off places. This is my personal list of songs that inspire fables, fairy tales, fantastical adventures. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment