Thursday, March 20, 2014

Just for Fun...Thursday?

Okay, so I was going to do this tomorrow...but by then it would be too late.

Because besides being the Vernal Equinox today is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I've always loved my birthday. Ever since I was a kid, I thought it meant something super special that I was born on March 20th, the first day of spring. (No, not March 21 most years you silly Gregorian calendar ninnies....)

When I was turning something like 20 or 21 (so we're talking 2001 or 2002 here), I had some friends in my uni dorm who were as excited as I was to celebrate my bday. So they trotted into my room after classes and one of my buds sat down at my computer, opened Napster (hey, it was 2001!) and downloaded a track for me. Then he hit play and declared that that was my birthday present from him:



It's funny. I've long, long since lost all track of that friend. It's not only that we've fallen out of touch, I just have no idea where he is. I think it was one of those early 20-something things that happen where he dated one of my friends and then they broke up and I was obliged to be on her side and then he starting dating someone else and then....

Well, you've probably been there. But I have never forgotten about that gift or that song. And not a year goes by that I don't listen to it. It's such a great '90s track, such a great '90s video. And it always reminds me how awesome my birthday is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment