Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Cleaning! (Musical Version)

So the spring cleaning this week continues. I'm just going to flat out ignore the fact that it's April 1st, since I fail at pranks.

Instead, I'll tell you about what I've been up to this week. Cleaning out my laptop for the first time since I bought it (which was early 2009) including my massive music collection. When I began the other day, I had 36 days (yes, you read that right) of MP3s. Now I've got it down under 34 days, but I've only gone through the numbered titles, and then all the way (backwards) from titles starting with Z to part way through S.

And I've uncovered some gems. Like this number, which my parents used to sing when I was little (my father especially used to sing any song about food including 'yes, we have no bananas' and 'when the moon's in the sky like a big pizza pie'). But I had forgotten about:


I'll have to let you know what else I uncover. In the meantime, how about you? Are you thinking of downsizing your music collection? I have to admit that since the advent of Songza and other streaming music apps, I am feeling less and less attached to having a digital collection of my own music. When I was younger I certainly used to horde digital music files. Now I just don't care. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment