Thursday, September 25, 2014

RoboNomics Book II Chapter 7 Inspiration Track

So I've switched from 'soundtracks' and 'playlists' for each of RoboNomics Book I's long chapters to a single track for each tiny RoboNomics Book II chapters. And I've finally got my rhythm going, and am able to highlight those tracks on this blog.

In Chapter 7, Andrea has more interaction from the mysterious man who appeared in Chapter 6. And in talking to the man, she'll be faced with a decision that could change her and Austin's lives dramatically.



So I'll let you in on a little secret: this track didn't exactly help inspire Chapter 7. Rather, it's a bit of a top-down approach. I had something in mind; a type of music that captured the environment that I've created in the story to come. Then I look for it. I looked back at my old friend Noise, but much of noise was created in the 60s and 70s, and so wasn't electronic enough for my purposes.

Then Songza posted a couple Chiptune playlists and I found what I had sought for so long. The track above is not exactly the most chiptuney song in the world, but that's good. Because I wanted to establish in Chapter 7 a sort of foreshadowing to what that 'mysterious man' will eventually come to represent.

Chapter 7 comes out on +Wattpad tomorrow! Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment