Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Canadiana

I was inspired to create this playlist by a story my sister told me when she came back from Europe last autumn. She said that there were a lot of Australians on her tour, with a handful of Americans, Canadians, and other nationalities. And since her tour guide was also Australian, there was a lot of Australian pop music playing.

So one day the guide thought she'd oblige the Canadians by playing music from our native land. But boy, did she ever get it wrong! Apparently she starting playing songs by Celine Dion, Alanis Morrisette, Justin Bieber and Nickelback.

Ugh. Is that seriously what the rest of the world thinks is our music? Knowing which musical artists hail from Canada is, I guess, a uniquely Canadian trait. And there's so much to choose from. I don't know a single self-respecting Canadian who would listen to any of those artists. Instead, oh world, let me educate you as to the music that is ours, starting with some older tracks and some covers of songs by Canadian artists:



Surprised? You should be! It's the soundtrack to my Canadian life, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment