Thursday, April 9, 2015

Inspirational Track for RoboNomics Book II, Chapter 37

Oh, man. Have I been neglectful of this blog or what? Don't worry, my friends. It's not shutting down and it's not about to become only a dumping ground for inspirational tracks for current chapters and Just for Fun Friday tracks. Although no doubt those will continue. February and March were busy for me, but April has been and will be contemplative.

And what I've been contemplating for this blog as well as my author blog, S.A. Wilson, is that they both need some editorial calendars.

So by May I'll be back on track with both endeavours.

But for now, let me tell you about RoboNomics Book II Chapter 37! It's coming out tomorrow on +Wattpad and I have to admit, I'm going to cop out. While working on the chapter -- writing new material, editing old material, I was listening to a lot of movie soundtracks. Epic Movie Soundtracks on Songza, that is.

And so my inspirational track this week is "Governments Should be Afraid of Their People", from the V for Vendetta soundtrack. There's always a fine line between listening to movie music for inspiration, and being influenced too much by your memory of the movie from which the music comes. Thankfully, I've only seen this particular movie twice (although it's awesome) and so the score is fairly safe for me to listen to.

However, the name of the track is apropos. So is the music itself: sinister, with a building momentum throughout that sort of flattens out at the end. Expect the same for Chapter 37, which you'll be able to read tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment