Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Inspirational Track for Children of a Dark Wood, Chapter 16

It's that time again, everyone. That time of the week where I give you a little preview of tomorrow's chapter.

Chapter 16 of Children of a Dark Wood again focuses on Yafoya, in her interactions with the unicorn herd rather than with her mermaid friend, Jaoshu. In this chapter you'll find out why Yafoya's existence within the herd is a little less than harmonious and have a little foreshadowing of some of the herd's drama that lies ahead!

For my inspirational track for this chapter, I'm highlighting a track that I've always considered 'Yafoya's theme':


Yup, it sure is corny. I know. And the lyrics have nothing to do with a little girl with antlers raised by a herd of unicorns. But we writers come upon inspiration from wherever, don't we?

When Children of a Dark Wood was in its infancy and called by a different name, I'd imagine Yafoya's run from the shores of the sea of Thothao back to the herd while listening to this song. I'd also imagine something else that happens to her rather soon...something thrilling, something that she does because Vuya eggs her on, and something she gets in deep trouble for...but the event will help her find what she's been looking for through the story so far: Humans.

Excitement ahead! Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment