Thursday, October 9, 2014

Inspirational Track for RoboNomics Book II, Chapter 9

Photo by Dschen Reneike. Cropped, filter added,
overlay added, text added. Used under CC 3.0 license
RoboNomics Book II Chapter 9 comes out tomorrow, and it's an important, surprising chapter. There's more than one fact revealed about the mysterious events that have happened at the end of Book I and into Book II. And just like Andrea will be, I'm hoping you'll be bowled over.

As for the track that inspired Chapter 9, I'm choosing "Other Side" by Madi Diaz, which has been added to the Book II 'Soundtrack'.

Andrea has started to have contact with intelligent machines again. Over the past few chapters, she's encountered an automated helicopter, automated Learjet, as well as android-nurses. As she falls back into this world, the music that inspires me is increasingly 'electronic' in feel. But I still hear that human side to it: some analog instruments, human voices.

The rise in this song really helped me in writing towards the conflict that occurs at the end of the chapter. And thematically, going towards the 'Other Side' is how I see Andrea's current progression through the rapid changes in the story.


Can't wait to release the chapter tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment